Sunday 13 December 2009

(Take These) Chains

...I don't need them, they're cluttering up my workspace. Hello there, welcome to the seven thousandth Oblog. It's been a hell of a week. Hold on - you're about to hear ALL ABOUT IT. My vast and cynical mass has travelled the length and wength of the blogsphere and I know that TWO COLOURS bring about total harmony. This is for life. This is for art. The two are inseperable in every sense but for the whimsy of colour-coding.

The week began with me hurling work at deadlines and then proceeding to leg it in the other direction. The other direction being Leeds - whereupon many 'chugs', 'lols' and other thrashisms were performed in honour of Mr Mike Alexander the fallen bassist of Evile.
The resizing thing still isn't fixed. Can you tell? The thrash bands playing consisted of Mutant,Gama Bomb, Seregon and an all-star covers band consisting of Evile folks and the drummer from Dimmu Borgir and members of the aforementioned groups. It was ridiculous fun - as thrash gigs always tend to be. Very silly. My second gig (and therefore event) of the week was last night in the glowing laser-light of Hawkwind, although the half-hour support set by The Crazy World of Arthur Brown may just have topped it.
Gawd yes. My art has fallen into an unfortunate post-exam lapse, but BELIEVE ME - this will not be the case in the following week. I will be SPOILT FOR CHOICE in green. Anyway - artistically debatable but damned good fun was my final radio show - which you can hear by clicking on this sentence. That's it. Bit brief - but I will have more to say next week when I'm mired in the glorious silence of home and that wondrous PRE-CHRISTMAS blog post.

Yes it really is that close. Exciting isn't it? Like something crawling into your spine. See you on the 20th - !

No comments:

Post a Comment