Tuesday 30 October 2012

SPOOKY Late October Update!

"WooooooOOOOOOOOooooo!"

Said the ghost.

"What?" I replied. The ghost didn't reply and simply drove off with it's full compliment of passengers. Funny things ghosts/buses. They don't say much.

ANYWAY IT'S HALLOWEEN SOON. Spooky. Wurgh.

Professor Elemental, seen here being massaged by Mick Hucknall during one of his few days off, was at the Bristol Fleece t'other week. It was a sight to behold and there was a STRONGMAN. HOLY SHIT. The Ten Pound Suit Band did a particularly rousing set of "swingabilly" covers as well - worth listening to I'd say.
Here's the lady and I as zombies at last weekend's Bristol Zombie Walk. It was taken by Simon Withyman and portrays us in a fairly undead fashion having a bit of a flail. Jasmine is, on this occasion  a dead John Cooper Clark and I am a dead Starburns of Community fame. I got spotted as him three times "STARBURNS" they'd cry and I'd exasperatedly reply "my name's Alex" thus deepening the in-joke into self-referential insignificance. Also an elderly gentleman who wasn't participating gave me an enthusiastic thumbs-up. He was wearing a hat adorned with the communist star. I'm not sure who he thought I was... LENIN?
The 2000ad forum art competition for October is currently having votes thrown at it - the winner gets a BLOODY PRIZE and all. If you're reading this and it's not November yet then GO AND VOTE. WHY HAVEN'T YOU VOTED? ARGGHH. If you're reading this and it is November there'll be a new competition up so GO AND PARTICIPATE. GO ON. YOU COULD WIN A BLOODY PRIZE. http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Here's the last Blankface judge I did - and COR BLIMEY IF IT ISN'T BARRY CHUCKLE. If you've requested one and I haven't done it as yet - can I assure you that:
a) I've had about sixty requests, I'm working through 'em in the order they came in - so it's entirely fair
b) I'm doing these in between other jobs - so they won't be immediately forthcoming as it is. I'm a busy fellow!
One of the things I do "other jobs" wise is lettering - and here's a bit of it that I did recently (i.e. - a while ago) for the Creepy Kofy Movietime Comic (http://www.facebook.com/CreepyKofyMovietimeComic) drawn by the fabulous Roland Bird and written by PAUL H. BIRCH. It's cult-tastic! Other lettering things in the pipeline involve something to do with Death Race 2000 and another bit for Disconnected Press. The rest, as they say, is COLOURING.

Here be the NINETEENTH page of Flaubert St Cloud (Goat) - a foul-mouthed hellbound goat of ill repute. Written by Geoffery Crescent, it's a fairly groovy saga. Catch up with it all here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150460341915628.421379.150183980627&type=1

The second issue of the journal is over half-way full at the moment but we're still taking submissions over at psychedelic.submissions at gmail.com <-- a="a" are="are" guidelines="guidelines" href="http://www.facebook.com/psychedelicjournal/info">here
. I'm on an artist hunt as well - so if you're available to do one-to-four pages let me know and I'll see what fits you!
The table numbers have been announced for Thought Bubble - and I'll be at no.121 selling the Professor Elemental comic, Dr WTF 2012, the Jamella & Marmalad comic and prints! Hurrah!

O

No comments:

Post a Comment